User Content Submissions
You are solely responsible for the information, opinions, descriptions, photos, profiles, messages, videos, and all other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through the Service or the Site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content"). By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide [license] to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), transmit, and distribute such User Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
Furthermore, you represent and warrant that your User Content will not contain any material that:
1. Is false, inaccurate, or misleading; infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; or violates any law or regulation; is defamatory, constitutes trade libel or product disparagement, or is unlawfully threatening, harassing, or contains hate speech; is obscene or contains pornography; or
2. Contains any computer programming routines such as viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, or other malicious code or programs that may damage or interfere with the operation of any system, or unlawfully intercept any data or personal information.
You understand and agree that User Content does not reflect the views of Company and Company does not verify, endorse, or vouch for any such content and if we determine in our sole discretion that any User Content is inaccurate, was posted without authorization, or otherwise does or may violate these Terms, we reserve the right, at any time, without prior notice and without limiting any and all other rights we may have, at law or in equity, to (a) modify, refuse, or remove the User Content; (b) revoke the applicable user's right to use the Services; and/or (c) use any technological, legal, operational, or other means available to Company to enforce the provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating the applicable user's registration.
User Article Submissions
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload or submit material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you submit or upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish such material in any format, including without limitation print or electronic format and to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or that it is defamatory of such person.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion and we have the reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication. We further reserve the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below.
These standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole: Be accurate (where they state facts). Be relevant. Be genuinely held (where they state opinions). Be original to you. Comply with applicable law in the USA and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not: Be obscene, offensive, hateful, threatening, racially offensive, inflammatory, incite violence or contain sexually explicit material. Advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity of any kind. Be defamatory of any person or violate another person's privacy rights or otherwise contain unlawful materialInfringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or party. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence. Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person. Give the impression that they emanate or are endorsed by us, if this is not the case. Constitute spamming, advertising or promotion of goods or services.
You agree that you are the original author of each article you submit. If you have hired a ghostwriter, you agree that you have exclusive rights to each article you submit. Click here for our contributor guidelines. You agree not to use the IT GRC Forum as a vehicle for marketing any speciﬁc product or service.
Company reserves the right whether or not to include your articles. If published, we reserve the right to remove any articles at any time. We reserve the right to include advertising on pages with your articles. Your voluntary submission to The IT GRC Forum will carry the "Reserved Rights" copyright of Executive IT Forums Inc. We reserve the right to edit, modify or reject submissions that include a favorable slant to any one vendor. We reserve the right to edit all submissions for length and suitability to a given issue, without final and formal review of the contributor. However, we will make every effort to allow an author to preview such alterations.
All contributions sent to the Publisher, whether invited or not, will be submitted to the IT GRC Forum Editors and Editorial Board for anonymous peer-review.
Each article is carefully reviewed by our editorial board to ensure the overall quality for both authors and and readers. Contributions, whether published pseudonymously or not, are accepted on the strict understanding that the author is responsible for the accuracy of all opinion, technical comment, factual report, data, ﬁgures, illustrations and photographs. Publication does not necessarily imply that these are the opinions of the Editorial Board, Editors or the Publisher, nor do the Board, Editors or Publishers accept any liability for the accuracy of such comment, report and other technical and factual information.
The author bears the responsibility for checking whether material submitted is subject to copyright or ownership rights, eg photographs, illustrations, trade literature and data. Where use is so restricted, the Publisher must be informed with the submission of the material. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure accurate reproduction of text, photographs and illustrations. The Publisher does not accept responsibility for mistakes, be they editorial or typographical, nor for consequences resulting from them.
The Company and its designees may attribute you (and use, publish, transmit, and reproduce your name, likeness, and biographical details) in connection with the Site and your contributions to Used Content in the sole discretion of the company and its designees.
Rules of Conduct
Your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, and you agree not to violate such laws and regulations. In addition, you agree that:
1. You will not interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Services; you will not interfere with or disrupt the security measures of the Services; you will not interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Services, and will comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of such networks; and
2. You will comply with United States law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States.
You further agree that you will not use the Site to:
1. Send or result in the transmission of "spam" (junk e-mail) or unsolicited messages;
2. Promote or generate revenue for any business or commercial purposes unless authorized by Company;
3. Impersonate any person or entity; intentionally or unintentionally or create a false identity on the Site.
4. Collect or store personal data about other users
5. Make publicly available on the Site or otherwise transmit any private information of any third party; or
6. Make publicly available or otherwise transmit any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.