TrustBuilder announces version 11 of its Identity & Access Management (IAM) solution. In the new version the identity piece, in particular, has been further strengthened.Thoroughly verifying a user's identity is important in enhancing customer experience, in achieving zero trust, and in ensuring compliance through KYC obligations.
"Companies are dealing with networks of identities," says TrustBuilder CEO Frank Hamerlinck. "They provide digital access to employees, customers, business partners, external collaborators… That doesn't just mean that companies need to consult various sources to verify a user's identity. They also need to know which applications or resources a user is allowed to access. We solve that issue in TrustBuilder 11 by working completely identity-centric.”
The five main innovations in TrustBuilder 11:
- Introducing personas: within an organization, a user may have different business mandates. A professor at a university may be an alumnus, or also a student if he takes an additional course from a colleague. An employee can also be a payroll administrator. A bank retail customer can also be the manager of one or more companies, and thus be a commercial banking customer. So a user assumes different personas, with different access rights. Traditionally, a user is given a different profile for each role, with different login credentials. By working with personas, the identity of a person is central and TrustBuilder makes user administration much simpler.
- Policy-based access control: PBAC combines the benefits of Attribute-based access control (ABAC) and Role-based access control (RBAC). For example, the permissions associated with a persona are determined via context-sensitive policies. These policies provide fine-grained security based on the personas a user can assume.
- Identity verification: TrustBuilder 11 now supports even more methods to verify the identity of users. Through the Service Catalog, TrustBuilder verifies identity with social media (social identity), with governments (eID) or with other authoritative sources. For countries where no eID is present, TrustBuilder uses document-based verification (driver's license, passport...). For sectors requiring extra vigilance, TrustBuilder checks whether users appear on lists of Politically Exposed Persons or people suspected of money laundering.
- Delegated administration: TrustBuilder 11 allows users to give other users temporary access to applications such as approving expense reports or vacation requests, for example, while they are on vacation. Allowing users to do this themselves saves administration and speeds up processes.
- Cloud: With TrustBuilder 11, TrustBuilder firmly opts for a cloud model. Earlier versions already featured cloud components, but TrustBuilder 11 is completely cloud-native.
"TrustBuilder 11 is an important new step in our evolution," said Hamerlinck. "TrustBuilder 11 supports the user's entire digital journey, from onboarding to the access users get to applications including the usage rights they have on those applications. We make it as easy as possible for end-users as well as developers and the IT department. To users, we provide support for passwordless authentication, single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, federated identity management, and other use cases that enhance customer experience. Through self-service functionality, users can manage their own profiles, give or revoke privacy consent, and delegate administration. Administrators and developers can not only work in a low-code environment, by providing users with self-service, much of the administrative burden also falls away. "
TrustBuilder 11 is an important milestone, as an end-to-end solution that is strongly rooted in Europe, with seamless support for all local Identity Providers and applications, and a strong focus on privacy.
"The new version of TrustBuilder is being well received in the market," Hamerlinck concluded. "Several of our existing customers have already started migrating to the new version or will do so soon. We also recently signed up a number of new customers who are choosing TrustBuilder because of the extra functionalities."