October 14, 2014 - Netwrix has announced the release of Netwrix Auditor 6.5, providing comprehensive monitoring and auditing capabilities to streamline compliance, strengthen security and simplify root cause analysis across the entire IT infrastructure, including file servers and shares. Delivering complete visibility into who changed what, when and where, along with before and after values of any modification, Netwrix Auditor 6.5 transforms complicated audit logs into human-readable audit trails.
Netwrix Auditor 6.5 also enables auditing of any configuration changes from any point in time and archives historic audit data. These capabilities, coupled with comprehensive change auditing, helps ensure that security policies in place are working and the risk of insider misuse is minimised.
"The ability to secure sensitive data should become a number one priority for organisations of all sizes," said Michael Fimin, CEO and Co-Founder of Netwrix. "Information leaks have devastating consequences, including loss in customer demand, revenue and reputation. Organisations should establish security policies that are able to detect insider misuse and track malicious changes made to sensitive information. The new release of Netwrix Auditor 6.5 is an exact answer to market demand that provides complete visibility across file servers and monitors privileged accounts, ensuring that data leaks are detected on early stages."
The new Netwrix Auditor 6.5 includes the following key features:
- Detection and prevention of security breaches on file servers and storage appliances:
- Complete visibility into who has access to which files across multiple file servers, EMC devices and NetApp filers.
- Analysis and comparison of file system state and permissions for any point in time.
- Enhanced screen activity recording of privileged users, allowing capture, search and review of all user activity, even if users have multiple monitors.
- Over 30 enhancements to improve scalability, performance and usability of Active Directory and file servers change auditing.
Netwrix Auditor provides the broadest coverage of audited systems and applications including Active Directory, Exchange, File Servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, VMware, Windows Server and others. It also supports auditing of virtually any other system or application, even if it does not produce any logs, via screen activity recording of privileged users with ability to search and replay or tracking configurations stored in databases.
Netwrix Auditor 6.5 is licensed per enabled Active Directory user and is also available as Netwrix Auditor for Exchange, Files Servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, VMware and Windows Server.